Tuesday 21 October 2008

I want a team of superheroes!


I remember one of my mentors once telling me that I should "Hire a team of Superstars", I remember this first and foremost because it's one of the few areas that I still disagree on, and it's primarily because of my personal belief that instead of getting a bunch of superheroes, "I should be enabling normal people to achieve abnormal results".

Superstars like comic book heroes are more likely (gross generalisation alert!) to have deep personality flaws that prevents them from becoming good team players, look at the classics, Batman? Socio-path! Superman? Goody Two shoes Boyscout! Thor? Arrogance!

The "normal hero" typically has insight into their weaknesses, knows their limitations and their boundaries and is more likely to team with others who are stronger in areas that they are not and inherently trust others (though sometimes they can be overly dependant) to do what they can not, rather than thinking that they can save a universe single handed without anyone helping them.

The key is how to enable the normal hero to perform superman feats.


The Blogger who wrote this post is Iron Man
























Iron Man
95%
Hulk
90%
The Flash
60%
Green Lantern
55%
Catwoman
55%
Spider-Man
50%
Supergirl
50%
Superman
45%
Batman
30%
Wonder Woman
30%
Robin
12%
Inventor. Businessman. Genius.


Click here to take the Superhero Personality Test

No comments: