Sunday 12 October 2008

The only constant in life is change

1 month ago I and my team got outsourced to a Managed Services Provider, I have to admit it came as a bit of a shock, since I did not see it coming, but one of the common threads that came up was that my Executive Staff were not conformable dealing with the overhead that new technologies were placing on them and wanted to focus on their core competency of running a business.

The great thing about IT is that there's always something new to learn and the bad thing about IT is that there's always something new to learn. And this constant chop and change puts pressures on everyone involved.

Even though my team and I got outsourced unexpectedly there is a huge plus to this and that is that we have greater career progression opportunities in a company that sells our skills as a service, we immediately move from a cost to a profit center and we are become part of a organisation that places a higher degree of value on our knowledge as a mean to making extra revenue.

Me? Well I'm looking forward to the wider future opportunities this will bring!

No comments: